Performance Freediving International | Vice President for Special Programs
Courses Craig can teach:
- Intermediate Freediver
- Breath Hold Surf Survival
- Breath Hold Special Operations
Competitive Freediving History:
- U.S. National Champion, U.S. Freediving National Championships, 2006
- Captain, U.S. National Team, World Championships, 2008
- Captain, U.S. National Team, World Championships, 2006
High-Performance Athlete Development:
Craig successfully coached a Hawaii based athlete in breaking two U.S. National freediving records in the discipline of Dynamic Apnea (distance in a pool with a fin) and in becoming the United States’ first 200-meter athlete (on one breath).
United States Freediving Association:
- President, 2012-2014
- Executive Board of Directors, 2007-2011
Association for the International Development of Apnea (AIDA):
- International Judge for AIDA Competitions, Performances and Record Attempts
Breath-Hold Diving Symposiums and Training Conferences Attended:
- International Conference on Freedive Training, Lignano Sabbiadoro, Italy, Dec 2007
- Breath-Hold Diving Symposium hosted by the Undersea and Hyperbaric Medical Society and Divers Alert Network in Orlando, Florida, June, 2006
More about Craig…
Born in Michigan and raised in Oregon, Craig spent the majority of his adult life in Italy, The Bahamas, Puerto Rico and Hawaii. Craig now resides in the Hawaiian Islands where he founded Hawaii Freedivers, High Performance Training, a freedive training agency offering a variety of Performance Freediving International’s training courses and specialized coaching sessions.
In his free time, Craig enjoys underwater photography and is an advocate for ocean conservation.