Founder, Hawaii Freedivers, LLC
Oahu, Hawaiian Islands
Phone: (808) 397-7272
Competitive Freediving History:
- U.S. National Champion, U.S. Freediving National Championships, 2006
- Captain, U.S. National Team, World Championships, 2008 (Sharm el-Sheikh, Egypt)
- Captain, U.S. National Team, World Championships, 2006 (Hurghada, Egypt)
High-Performance Athlete Development:
- As a coach, Craig worked closely with a Hawaii based athlete in breaking two U.S.
National freediving records in the discipline of Dynamic Apnea (distance in a pool with
a monofin), becoming the United States’ first 200-meter athlete.
United States Freediving Association:
- President, 2012-2014
- Executive Board of Directors, 2007-2011
Association for the International Development of Apnea (AIDA):
- International Judge for AIDA Competitions, Performances and Record Attempts
Breath-Hold/Freediving Symposiums and Conferences:
- International Conference on Freedive Training hosted by Umberto Pelizzari in Lignano
Sabbiadoro, Italy, December 1-2, 2007
- Breath-Hold Diving Symposium hosted by the Undersea and Hyperbaric Medical
Society and Divers Alert Network in Orlando, Florida, June 20-21, 2006
More about Craig…
Born in Michigan and raised in Oregon, Craig spent the majority of his adult life in Italy and later in The Bahamas. Craig now resides in the Hawaiian Islands where he founded Hawaii Freedivers, a freedive training agency offering Performance Freediving International (PFI) courses.
In addition to offering PFI courses, Craig offers blue water depth training sessions to PFI ‘Ocean’ certified freedivers.
In his free time, Craig enjoys underwater photography and is an advocate for ocean conservation.