Welcome to your Freediving and Spearfishing shop in Coconut Grove, Florida near downtown Miami.
We offer bi-monthly Freediver courses, weekly training, spearfishing trips, equipment rental, and quality gear for all levels of freedivers and spearfishers.
What is Freediving? Freediving is simply breath-hold diving. In Freediving you learn to calm the body and control the mind to increase your breath-hold, dive deeper, and stay longer.
At Vortex Freediving we serve freedivers and all levels of spearfishers, from introducing the sport to beginners to providing high-end equipment for advanced spearos. We understand the spearfishers deep respect for our marine world and we share their code of ethics by introducing the sport in a responsible manner with an emphasis on wise use and conservation.
We are eager to assist you and welcome you to stop by our store to learn more about our courses and find the equipment you need.
Dive safe and fish responsibly!
Contact: Ricardo Paris at email@example.com
Learn to freedive to a maximum depth of 66 feet (20 meters).
This program teaches fundamental Freediving techniques for comfortable enjoyment in the aquatic world to depths of up to 20m / 66ft. You will also practice Static Apnea to help develop your breath-holding abilities and in-water comfort.
Is this course for you?
You’re new to Freediving or typically dive in the shallows. You want to increase your breath-hold and your ability to dive deeper and stay longer. You aren’t familiar with Freediving safety. If so then this is the course for you!
The PFI Freediver course covers the following:
- Safety and buddy procedures
- Recommendations for snorkeling and freediving gear
- Proper breathing for freediving
- Techniques for snorkeling and freediving
- Confined water & open water skill development
The Freediver course is held over 2 1/2 days. Typically classroom sessions are held Firday nights at Vortex Freediving, pool sessions are at Jose Marti pool, and the boat for the blue water sessions departs from Dinner Key. Schedules are flexible and can be adapted for each group.
- Swimming or snorkeling experience
- Good health and fitness
- 12 years of age with guardian permission
- Must own or purchase Mask, Snorkel, Fins
- Must own or purchase or rent exposure protection (wetsuit or rash guard)
Cost: $345.00 US and includes the following:
- Personalized instruction from highly trained and accomplished PFI Instructors
- 1 instructor/assistant: 5 student divers’ ratio
- Pool and classroom sessions
- Open water instruction (boat fees are an additional charge where applicable)
- Certification card
- Membership to the PFI Yahoo Forum – a great source to Freediving information!
- Boat fees are additional