The Classroom sessions for the course will be held at International Diving Centre at 2572 Arbutus Street, Vancouver, BC V6J 3Y2, Canada Phone: (866) 432-3483
The pool sessions will be held at the Vancouver Aquatic Centre.
Open Water Sessions
Ansell Point is the dive site location. It will be all shore diving. Here are directions to the site:
Take Hwy 1 North towards Horseshe Bay
Take Exit #1 and continue for about 10min on the Hwy
Take the exit at the first overpass you see
Go left over the overpass
Take your first left and go adown to the bottom of the drive and turn right into the parking area
- Mask, fins and snorkel – Preferably low volume mask and long blade fins or mono fin.
- Wetsuit with gloves and boots – 5mm-7mm freediving suit required for pool and ocean sessions. Good freediving suit with attached hood is perfect. Socks and gloves are a must.
- Weights and weight belt – Having an assortment of smaller weights to adjust for proper buoyancy is a must.
- Depth and/or timing device – A waterproof watch at the very least, better yet a freediving computer is perfect.
Check out general gear recommendations.
- IDC has as selection of freediving wetsuits available for rental. they also sell a good selection of Freediving gear.
Don’t worry about lines, floats and those sorts of things, we’ll bring that. We also travel with an assortment of freediving computers for you to try out as well. Along with all of this we’ll video your clinic so you can review each day, your skills in the water as they improve.
The following schedule is subject to change. The final schedule will be emailed to those who have registered one to two weeks before the start of the clinic. If you are taking the Basic freediver course you will do the first 2-days.
Intermediate Freediver, Vancouver, BC Canada
8:00am – 12:00pm Classroom (lunch break at about noon)
8:00am – 10:00am Pool
2:00pm-6:00pm Ocean Session
9:00am – 12:30pm Open Water
Please don’t plan flights out before about 6pm.