Classroom and Pool Sessions
Classroom sessions will be held at The Best Western Plus Lighthouse Hotel in Pacifica. The address is: 105 Rockaway Beach Avenue, Pacifica, CA 94044.
Pool Sessions will be held at Anderson’s Scuba Diving located at 541 Oceana Blvd, Pacifica, CA 94044.
Open Water Sessions
The last two days will be held in Monterey, CA and will be the open water sessions. Both days will be from boat Leaving from K-Dock. Cost is $100/person.
Equipment Requirements – * gear does not need to be Freediving specific
- Mask, fins and snorkel – Preferably low volume mask and long blade fins or mono fin.
- Wetsuit with gloves and boots – 5mm-7mm (7mm preferred) freediving suit required for pool and ocean sessions. Good freediving suit with attached hood is perfect.
- Weights and weight belt – Having an assortment of smaller weights to adjust for proper buoyancy is a must.
- Depth and/or timing device – A waterproof watch at the very least, better yet a freediving computer is perfect.
Anderson’s does sell some Freediving gear and rents all gear (rentals may not be Freediving Specific).
Check out general gear recommendations.
Don’t worry about lines, floats and those sorts of things, we’ll bring that. We also travel with an assortment of freediving computers for you to try out as well. Along with all of this we’ll video your clinic so you can review each day, your skills in the water as they improve.
The following schedule is subject to change. The final schedule will be emailed to those who have registered one to two weeks before the start of the clinic.
9:00am – 3:30pm Classroom (Lighthouse Hotel) There will be a 1hr lunch break mid day.
4:00pm – 7:00pm Pool session (Andersons) – Static Apnea Development Rescue Skills Technique Evaluation / Development
9:00-4:30pm Classroom (Lighthouse Hotel)
5-7:00pm – Pool Session (Andersons)
9am-6pm – Afternoon ocean session in Monterey.
9:00am – 12:30pm One ocean session in Monterey (boat)
1pm-3pm Course wrap-up Social
– Please don’t plan flights out before about 6pm as we can’t guarantee what time the boat will get back to the dock.
– This course needs 10 people paid in order to run. if it does not run you will be given a full refund.