PFI Freediver Course in Philadelphia / Dutch Springs with Revolution Freediving
PFI Instructor: Rik Edstrom
Phone: (215) 600-0980
$375, plus general admission to Dutch Springs ($28). A minimum of 2 students is required to run a course.
- Class Sessions: Mid-Atlantic Scuba Center, 3570 Street Rd, Bensalem, PA 19020
- Pool Session: AFC Fitness Center, 3600 Grant Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19114
- Open Water Sessions: Dutch Springs, 4733 Hanoverville Rd., Bethlehem, PA
We will meet on the “Student Side” by the entry to “The Cove”. Turn left as soon as you drive through the entry gate. Follow the road (lake on your right side) until it ends.
EQUIPMENT / WHAT TO BRING TO CLASS:
Students are not required to purchase freediving specific gear for the course (equipment will be discussed extensively in class). Feel free to bring whatever freedive, scuba or snorkel gear you may have, just understand that dedicated freediving gear will make it easier for you to achieve the maximum depth allowance for the course.
You will need the following in one shape or another:
- Wetsuit (5-7 mm), hood, socks and gloves (3-5mm)
- Weight belt and weights (approximately 6-8 lbs in total)
- Timing device (dive computer or a simple stop watch)
Revolution Freediving carries a limited inventory of high performance freediving rental gear. If you plan to rent please make arrangements well in advance of the course so we can make sure we have what you need in your size.
Day 1: Classroom and Pool Sessions:
8:30AM–1:00PM, Classroom, Mid-Atlantic Scuba Ctr, 3570 Street Rd, Bensalem, PA 19020
1:30PM–5:00PM, Pool, AFC Fitness, 3600 Grant Ave., Philadelphia, PA 19114
Day 2: Confined/Open Water Instruction and Diving Sessions:
8 AM – 3 PM, Dutch Springs, 4733 Hanoverville Rd., Bethlehem, PA 18020