Intermediate Freediver Course in Guam
* Get the most out of this special PFI trip to Guam and take both the Intermediate and Advanced Freediver courses together. The Advanced Freediver course runs April 9-14, 2014 (right after this IFD course).
Classroom: We will use the classroom at Fa’nu’i
Pool: We will be using either the Sheraton pool or one on base.
Open Water: This will depend on conditions but may be at Gun Beach or off of a boat (fees TBA)
We will send location updates as they come in. Kirk Krack and Ryan Reed with be the Instructors.
- Mask, fins and snorkel – Preferably low volume mask and long blade fins or mono fin.
- Wetsuit with gloves and boots – 3mm freediving suit is required for pool and ocean sessions. Good freediving suit with attached hood is perfect.
- Weights and weight belt – Having an assortment of smaller weights to adjust for proper buoyancy is a must.
- Depth and/or timing device – A waterproof watch at the very least, better yet a freediving computer is perfect.
Check out general gear recommendations.
Don’t worry about lines, floats and those sorts of things, we’ll bring that. We also travel with an assortment of freediving computers for you to try out as well. Along with all of this we’ll video your clinic so you can review each day, your skills in the water as they improve.
Sample Course Schedule
The following schedule is for the Intermediate Freediver program and is subject to change. Other courses follow different daily schedules. All courses start at 8am sharp on Day 1 unless otherwise stated. Full course payment is due at this time.
8:00am – 10:00pm Classroom: Introduction & Registration Emergency Procedures
10:30pm – 3:00pm Classroom: Equipment Breathing / Proper Ventilation’s Physics of Freediving
3:00pm – 6:00pm Pool session: Rescue Skills Technique Development Static and Dynamic Evaluation
8:00am – 10:00am Pool Session: Pool Training Exercises Static and Dynamic Performance
10:30am – 12:00pm Classroom session: Psychological Aspects of Freediving Land Based Training Exercises
1:00pm – 5:00pm Open Water: ups Free Immersion Rescue Evaluations Technique Development
8:00am – 12:00pm Classroom: Physiology of Freediving Psychological Aspects of Freediving
1:00pm – 5:00pm Open Water: Warm-ups Free Immersion Rescue Evaluations Technique Development
8:00am – 12:00pm Open Water: Warm-ups Free Immersion Rescue Evaluations Technique Development
1:00pm – 3:00pm Wrap up session Training Schedule Development Class wrap-up
Please don’t plan flights out before about 6pm.