Class sessions will be held at in the Sea Experience classroom. When you go through the parking gate you will see the building right in front of you. The classroom is just around the left side of the building.
801 Seabreeze Blvd.
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33316
We will be using one of the following pools:
- Huston/Sworn pool that is located at 901 nw 10th street, Pompano Beach, Fl 33060
- Pompano Beach pool. Pompano pool is at 820 NE 18th Ave, Pompano Beach, FL 33060.
Open Water Sessions
We will be using Sea Experience for all of the ocean sessions at the Bahia Mar. The cost of the boat is about $75 plus tax/day.
- Mask, fins and snorkel – Preferably low volume Freediving mask and long blade fins or mono fin.
- Wetsuit with gloves and boots – 3mm freediving suit required for pool and ocean sessions. Good freediving suit with attached hood is perfect.
- Weights and weight belt – Having an assortment of smaller weights to adjust for proper buoyancy is a must.
- Depth and/or timing device – A waterproof watch at the very least, better yet a freediving computer is perfect.
Check out general gear recommendations.
Don’t worry about lines, floats and those sorts of things, we’ll bring that. We also travel with an assortment of freediving computers for you to try out as well. Along with all of this we’ll video your clinic so you can review each day, your skills in the water as they improve.
There are many hotels in the area. You can do a search for the classroom address on sites like www.hotels.com or www.expedia.com and see many choices. Try the hotel where the class sessions are being held (see name and address above) or try the Extended Stay for a clean room with kitchen.
The following schedule is subject to change. The course starts at 8am sharp. Full course payment is due at this time.
8:00am – 11:30am: Classroom
8:00am – 10:00am: Class Session
11:00-1:00pm: Pool Session
2:00-6:00pm: Ocean Session
8:00am – 1:00pm: Classroom
2:00pm -6:00pm: Open Water
8:00am – 12:00pm: Open Water
Please don’t plan flights out before about 6pm as we can’t guarantee what time the boat will get back to the dock.