Class will be held a Lauderdale Diver at 1334 SE 17th St., Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33316. (* location may change for March 15 & 16 course but will be close by)
We will be using one of two pool locations in the area.
- The Fort Lauderdale Aquatic Complex at 501 Seabreeze Boulevard, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316
- Pompano Beach Aquatic Center at 820 NE 18th Avenue, Pompano Beach, FL
Open Water Sessions
We will be using a boat for both of the ocean sessions. The cost of the boat is paid directly to the boat right before boarding.
Your instructor for these programs will be PFI instructor Rodrigo Rodriguez-Novas with Bliss Freediving. You can contact him directly by email at: email@example.com or by phone at: (813)334-0642.
For theFreediver course you can make do with wearing the same gear you use for snorkeling or scuba. If possible, having gear that is made specifically for Freediving will help with your overall performance and better your overall experience. Lauderdale Diver carries Freediving gear so you can wait until the class sessions to make any purchases under the guidance of your instructor. Below are items that you need for the course with some freediving specific suggestions.
- Mask, fins and snorkel – Preferably low volume mask and long blade fins.
- Wetsuit – 3mm wetsuit suit is required for pool and ocean sessions. A good freediving suit with attached hood is recommended but you can get away with surf/scuba wetsuits. If your hood is not attached please bring a separate one.
- Weights and weight belt – Best choice is a rubber weight belt with an assortment of smaller weights to adjust for proper buoyancy.
- Depth and/or timing device – A waterproof watch at the very least, better yet a freediving computer is perfect.
There are many hotels in the area. You can do a search for the classroom address on sites like www.hotels.com or www.expedia.com and see many choices. Our instrutcors usually stay at the Extended Stay hotel on 17th Street near Lauderdale Diver, that is a good price, clean and has small kitchens.
The following schedule is subject to change. The course starts right on time each day. Please arrive ready to start class. Full course payment is due at this time.
Day 1- Saturday
8:00am – 6:00pm: Classroom and Pool sessions
*There will be an hour lunch session mid day.
Day 2- Sunday
9:00am – 5:00pm: Boat sessions
*we will do two boat sessions with a lunch break, on board the boat, in between dives.