Classroom: Tacoma SCUBA located at 1602 Center St, Suite C, Tacoma, WA 98409
Pool Session: Tukwila Pool, 4414 S 144th ST, Tukwila, WA 98168
Ocean Session: May vary due to weather on the Tacoma Waterfront.Sample class schedule (subject to change):
Classroom 1:00 pm – 7:00 pm
Pool 8:00 am – 11:00 am
Pool 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Ocean 8:00 am – 11:00 am
Ocean 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
- Mask, fins and snorkel – Preferably low volume mask, J snorkel and long blade fins.
- Wetsuit – 3mm wetsuit suit is required for pool (Curtis is generally around 82 deg. F) and 5mm to 7mm for ocean sessions, (Puget Sound runs from low 40’s to mid 50’s depending on season). A good freediving suit with attached hood is recommended. Also needed, will be appropriate gloves and socks/boots.
- Weights and weight belt – Best choice is a rubber weight belt with an assortment of smaller weights to adjust for proper buoyancy.
- Depth and/or timing device – At minimum a waterproof watch with a stopwatch, or even better a freediving computer.
- While scuba wetsuits, fins, and weight belts are available for rent, they are not ideal for freediving. I strongly suggest purchasing your own equipment prior to the class.