Instructs competent and comfortable freedivers in essential safety and problem management with a high emphasis on proper technique development, training and equipment for diving in depths up to 40 meters/132 feet. Instructors will thoroughly cover the physics and physiology of freediving along with training programs to better further the freedivers physical and mental performance.
- Intermediate Safety and Buddy Procedures
- Equipment for Performance Freediving
- Proper Ventilation for Gas Saturation and Volume
- Psychological Aspects of Freediving
- Physics and Physiology of Freediving
- Confined Water Static Apnea Development
- Open Water Constant Ballast Development
- Techniques for Intermediate Freediving
Is this course for you?
Your knowledge of safety, rescue or problem management is limited. You’re comfortable with basic freediving and achieve depths anywhere from 6 – 30m / 20 – 99 feet with relative comfort and have a breath-hold time of around 1 minute or longer. You’re not sure of extended freediving physiology or the physics that affect you during your freedives. You have experience in Scuba, Freediving and/or Spearfishing. If so then this is the course for you! There is no prerequisit for this course but in-water comfort is a must.
Download and review the PFI medical form. If you say YES to any questions you may need to get doctors approval to take part in the course. Email us if you have any questions about the medical form.
Check out gear recommendations for this course.
Format / Duration – 4-Days
- 5 classroom sessions
- 5hrs of pool training
- 3 open water sessions
- Basic Freediver or equivalant experience with Freediving, spearfishing or scuba diving (general comfort in the water)
- Good health and fitness
- 12 years of age with guardian permission
- Static Apnea (breath-hold) of 1:00 minute dry
- Constant Ballast (unassisted freedive) of 6 meters / 20 feet
Cost – $695
Includes the following:
- Personalized instruction from world record holders & trainer
- 1 instructor/assistant : 5 student divers ratio (inwater)
- ‘Intermediate Freediver Student Manual’
- Pool and Classroom sessions
- Open Water instruction
- Hands on experience with specialty freediving equipment
- Clinic DVD and PFI T-Shirt
- Certification card
*Boat and other travel related fees may be an additional charge where applicable
Find out specific information such as addresses, schedules and hotel info for each of our clinic locations.
Virginia Beach, VA
Miami, Florida USA
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida USA
Newport Beach, California USA
San Diego, California USA
Kona, Hawaii USA
Oahu, Hawaii USA
Monterey, California USA
Key West, Florida USA
Grand Cayman, BWI
Vancouver, BC Canada
Long Island, Bahamas-with Evolve Freediving
Registration and Payment Details
To secure your spot in a course, we need to receive both your registration and either a 50% deposit or full payment. Any outstanding course balance is due by the start of the course. See our course schedule to register.